So, here it is... The last day of the year and the list of books that I read... 100 books and 6 books more than once for a total of 107 books. An average of 2 or so books a week. Wow. I bet that 2014 won't be quite as literary though :-) with a new baby and all.
1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
2. The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. (x2)
3. The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan. (x2)
4. The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan. (x2)
5. Silver Angel by Johanna Lindsay. (x2)
6. Mariana by Susanna Kearsley.
7. The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley.
8. The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale.
9. Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon.
10. The Host by Stephenie Meyer. (x3)
11. Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan.
12. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.
13. Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley.
14. Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley.
15. The Maze Runner by James Dashner.
16. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner.
17. The Death Cure by James Dashner.
18. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer.
19. Young House Love by John and Sherry Petersik.
20. Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts.
21. Divergent by Veronica Roth.
22. Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
23. Tears of the Moon by Nora Roberts.
24. Found by Morgan Rice.
25. X-Files Antibodies by Kevin J. Anderson.
26. Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham.
27. Heart of the Sea by Nora Roberts.
28. The Timekeeper by Mitch Albom.
29. The Forgotten by David Baldacci.
30. The Paris Wife by Paula Mclain.
31. Four Corners of the Sky by Michael Malone.
32. The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff.
33. Dance upon the Air by Nora Roberts.
34. Heaven and Earth by Nora Roberts.
35. Face the Fire by Nora Roberts.
36. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
37. Hot Rocks by Nora Roberts.
38. Emily of Deep Valley by Maud Hart Lovelace.
39. Betsy's Wedding by Maud Hart Lovelace.
40. Betsy and the Great World by Maud Hart Lovelace.
41. Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. (x2)
42. Coraline by Neil Gaiman.
43. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.
44. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
45. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
46. Red Velvet Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke.
47. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.
48. Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts.
49. Black Rose by Nora Roberts.
50. Red Lily by Nora Roberts.
51. Bittersweet by LaVerle Spencer.
52. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan.
53. The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan.
54. The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan.
55. The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan.
56. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.
57. Arena One by Morgan Rice.
58. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.
59. Caribbean Flame by Maxine Barry.
60. Barefoot in the Grass by Judith Arnold.
61. The Triumph of Katie Byrne by Barbara Taylor Bradford.
62. 1st to Die by James Patterson.
63. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling.
64. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling.
65. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling.
66. 3rd Degree by James Patterson.
67. A Quest of Heroes by Morgan Rice.
68. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.
69. Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley.
70. 2nd Chance by James Patterson.
71. 4th of July by James Patterson.
72. 5th Horseman by James Patterson.
73. The 6th Target by James Patterson.
74. 7th Heaven by James Patterson.
75. The 8th Confession by James Patterson.
76. Foreign Influence by Brad Thor.
77. Full Black by Brad Thor.
78. Wish by Alexandra Bullen.
79. Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke.
80. Walking Dead volume 17 by Robert Kirkman.
81. Walking Dead volume 18 by Robert Kirkman.
82. Born by Tara Brown.
83. Born to Fight by Tara Brown.
84. Reborn by Tara Brown.
85. Saltwater Kisses by Krista Lakes.
86. Blur by Kristen Middleton.
87. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling.
88. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling.
It doesn't look like I'm going to get some of these done the way I want to. Oh well. I'm not stressing over it. I'm just enjoying my last couple of days with my baby... before my baby comes. Though, I'm sure some of the things on this list are going to be done... like the carseat and baby gear, etc. it just seems like a lot of work right now.
Deep clean monster's room (set up dresser,put away clothes and toys, find place to store too-big clothes, vacuum behind/under everything, rearrange chairs/wash slipcover) Clean our room/fold laundry mountain Rearrange office (move all office stuff to one side) Clear out junk and clean/organize closets (remove everything not necessary) Set up crib, etc.
Organize baby stuff (blankets, burp rags, diapers, etc) Wash and put away baby clothes (make list of what's needed/ask brother) Order mattress, sheets, changing pad/cover
Get car seat ready/wash cover
Buy/install ceiling fan/space heater Buy diapers, wipes, Desitin, Vaseline, etc
Organize diaper bag
Put together baby stuff (swing, bassinet etc)
Make freezer meals Clean house top to bottom (or find someone to do it) Find and sterilize breast pump parts Pack hospital bag (make a list... can't remember what I brought last time) Ask mom about daycare/watching monster for birth
Pack Monster's bag (make a list, figure out how many days/what times gone) Figure out monster's schedule for therapy, etc. Get big sister shirt and present
Little brother present
Buy toiletries for after Get a pedicure/haircut Christmas stuff (buy presents, wrap presents, mail gifts to WI, cards, visit Santa) Decorate for Christmas Schedule C section Find/start baby book/calendar Load up kindle
Today is my last day of work... before my maternity leave... and before the whole department gets outsourced. I'm feeling rather apathetic about it. It will be nice not to have to come in and do a job that I don't enjoy but at the same time I'm feeling so unsure of the future and stressed out about having a new little one to care for, that I don't know if I can muster up any feeling about this transition in my life.
I'm feeling like such a debbie downer in other aspects of my life lately... it's irritating. I can only imagine what people around me must be thinking. I know JT is fed up with me, but there's really nothing he can do about it or I can do about it. It's not like I can control how I'm feeling. I am trying to be upbeat and positive and cheerful, but it's just so much easier to be positive for other people as opposed to myself.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
I finally had to take my wedding ring off due to swelling fingers. It wasn't too bad most of the time, but there were times I knew it was too tight so this morning I took it off. My hand feels naked. I have a habit of playing with my ring and every time I go to play with it now, it feels strange not being there. Plus, I have a really sweet ring line left on my finger.
My coat is totally busted. The zipper is broken and a slight breeze can unhook the Velcro... so I'm cold. Thank god for friends who will mail me a maternity coat to wear! :-)
Here's something interesting I found... Monster's eyes were dark blue when she was born. they were kind of a green-gray at 1 year old but now solidly hazel brown. I thought they'd be green...
I am planning on making some freezer meals so that we'll have dinners already made for us this winter. Here are some of my ideas to have in the freezer. maybe i should think about lunch too?
Ground turkey (preseasoned with taco or Italian)
Chicken and dumplings
Shepherds pie filling
Now... a list of things to have on hand to combine with stuff from the freezer to make easy dinners.
Bread sticks/biscuits/garlic bread... or maybe these should be in the freezer?
Next step, find some recipes and/or gather some motivation to actually do this!! We have 5 pounds of ground turkey and 6 pounds of chicken breasts in the freezer right now, so I should probably get to work. I should buy a pork roast and throw that in the crock pot one of these days too... need some freezer bags/containers.
Now I'm just thinking out loud...
BBQ pork sandwiches
BBQ chicken wraps
We had a slightly christmassy weekend. Monster visited with Santa... and neither one of them looked at the camera! :)
We got to have dinner alone, whoo! pretending with mocktails! This virgin strawberry margarita was the most delicious thing I've had in months!
And lots of couch nesting was done with 2 kitties while it snowed outside. But, I still haven't gotten enough done on my baby to-do list...
we also put up our Christmas tree but I didn't take a picture, and fought the cats to keep away from it... anybody know how to do that? They just like to play with and eat the branches... and Monster too, but she's easier to contain.
I got most of my shopping done. I just need a few little things for stocking stuffers, 1 big surprise for JT, and to make some puppy chow for our teachers...
yay for crossing those things off the list at least. On to groceries and wrapping gifts after work today.
I simply must go, but baby its cold outside. The answer is no, but baby it's cold outside.
I found the radio station that only plays Christmas music from now until the holiday, so Yay!!! but, Man it sure is cold outside today. I don't like it. I'll take the snow but I don't really like cold or ice. My dad gave me one of his coats to wear, so that's kind of humorous. I'll have to take a picture. But, it's better than nothing and it will zip all the way around me. I should fit back in my regular coat by January, so it's only a few weeks of looking silly but I'll be warm.
Today marks the 35/35 milestone in baby baking. 35 days until my due date and 35 weeks total. However, I only have 28 days until my surgery is scheduled. Yikes. Like I say every time, so much to do in not enough time... At my ultrasound yesterday, it was estimated that baby is over 6 pounds... so it's entirely likely I'll have a 9-pound newborn. It's weird to me because monster is still so very petite...
I saw so many people decorating their Christmas trees this weekend on my instagram feed. I had absolutely no desire to join in the festivities, however, if we don't do it soon I'm afraid we won't do it at all... which is fine with me because I totally just want to scrooge it up and skip Christmas this year. Whose bright idea was it being 9 months pregnant at holiday time?
walking dead midseason finale... oh my god. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it but Crazytown. i can't wait for February. PS Why do they do a midseason finale anyway? Why split it up?
I got some super cute boots that I have been wanting forever and went to put them on this weekend... yeah not able to zip them up past my calves. BOOOO!! Hopefully in a few months they will fit or what a waste of cute shoes! Stupid legs.
I've been paying more attention to my hands at work lately and it's funny thinking about when I started to learn keyboarding in high school or even when i was typing in college compared to now. Now i can just drift off and my fingers actually spell out words correctly and quickly... it's amazing what repetition does to you!
We're taking monster to Gillette's tomorrow. She's going to be seen by the physical medicine doctors. Maybe she'll end up with braces on her legs so she can walk sooner/easier/better?? Her therapists seem to think that braces will help... I hope she doesn't have to have them too long but if we can avoid a wheelchair, then bring on the Forrest Gump!! (sorry if that offends anyone... I'm trying to keep it light so I don't freak out).
Oh yeah... so I'm going to be 35 weeks pregnant on Thursday. Hard to believe. I mean i can believe it because I am huge and uncomfortable and in lots of pain that I wouldn't normally be in, but in 4 weeks or less I'll have a newborn baby... AUGH!!! Time flies when you're pretending something isn't going to happen. I'd best get to work on that baby's room. I just don't know how to organize it. I have a bunch of newborn and 0-3 month clothes but I'm not sure where to put things because I don't know how huge this giant of mine is going to be! :-)