Thursday, April 12, 2012

#19

Remember when I was talking about what a disaster my coats and shoes were? And how they made my whole house a huge mess? Well, I think I've finally taken care of the front door problem.


Started with this hung up mass of coats...



I had just found this new blog, iheartorganizing. Jen over there had been posting about her dressing room where she was using armoires as closets for herself and her husband.
So we got this armoire in order to hide the coats and to take the place of the closet we did not have.
 

Good idea in theory... not as much in execution.

 

We had this mess just behind the doors and every time I opened it something would fall out or bulge out and keep the door from closing all the way. I tried to corral some of the littler things (monster's coat and my gloves, etc) in the baskets on top but I couldn't figure out what to do with the pile at the bottom. Until today! I was at Target and found these perfect baskets. They even stack on top of each other, in case we ever want to get more. Such a pretty color, really perks up and gives this space some character. Love it!




There you have it, a solution to my coat/shoe dilemma in my living room. I have an idea for the kitchen but it involves another trip to Ikea because they didn't have what I wanted the last time I was there. Can't wait to go and get this house in shape!

2 down, 28 to go


 

No comments:

Post a Comment