Friday, January 4, 2013

Year in Review 2012

Here we go! I just love doing these, lame i know. See last year's review here.

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Cared for a child with special needs.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? About half and half. See my explanation here. And yes, I will always make resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you have a child? My Kate and Tanya.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No? 

5. Where did you travel? Duluth, Twin Cities, Beloit IL, Madison WI, Monmouth IL, Rochester MN, New London MN.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? A job I enjoy. Same answer as last year. 

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory? Jan 3, back to work. Feb 15, monster's genetics appt. Feb 22, monster's MRI. March 17, monster's baptism. July 18, monster's going to be just fine/genetics appt. Sept 9, started working with ECSE again. Oct 14, monster's first birthday.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Interviewing for supervisor position (though I did not get it, the interview itself was huge for me).

9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting in any kind of good health.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? PPD and PPA.

11. What was the best thing you bought? blocks for the fire pit (that we hardly used).

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Every time monster mastered/s a new skill was/is celebrated.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Most people on social media who did not think before typing.

14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage, bills, medical bills, monster.

15. What did you get really excited about? Traveling, new baby nephew, Liz's pregnancy. 

16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Overwhelmed by Tim McMorris (song from that Sam Adams commercial). Adele's Set Fire to the Rain.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? a) happier. b) same. c) poorer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Me time. Dates with JT. Getting babysitters!!! 

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry/being mad.

20. Did you fall in love in 2012? No more than usual.

21. What was your favorite TV program? How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang.

22. What was the best book you read? I think The American Wife was pretty good.

23. What was your greatest musical discovery? Adele (I'm a little behind the bandwagon with music usually).

24. What did you want and get? A trip for our Anniversary.

25. What did you want and not get? A baby who sleeps through the night consistently. 

26. What was your favorite film of this year? Honestly, I can't remember what I saw. How's that for sad?

27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? We went to Mayo Clinic for monster's MRI follow up and ate dinner at Red Lobster. My mom made me a cake as well. I turned 29. 

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More sleep. Less worry/anxiety.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha. I got my first pair of skinny jeans, does that count?

30. What kept you sane? Reading.

31. Who was the best new person you met? My new blog friends!!

32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012? Babies will do things on their own time, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself otherwise. And everyone will tell you this, so you'd be best to just believe it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment