Thursday, September 6, 2012

I wish...


Sometimes I wish...

that I could have a do-over. I would go back in time, before I was a mom, before I was a wife, heck even before I was a college student. I would go back to a time when things were more simple for me. When I didn't have a care/bill/worry or anything more pressing than losing a tennis match or avoiding the boys in the hallways at lunchtime. Back to when I had actual girl friends who had time for me/for us/to be more than just parents. To be kids. I miss waking up in the morning and going to high school, even though I didn't care for high school, at least I knew what was in store for me... class and then tennis practice or cheer practice, joking with the 'popular girls,' talking with my best friends, always knowing that when I got home supper would be ready or being made, my parents would be there, and I was free to do nothing or do something.

The beginning of fall/school year always makes me long for a different time in my life, a time when new things were beginning, new clothes and supplies were gotten, and friendships were renewed after a long summer. In this day and age, my fall is no fun. I don't even notice mostly. The weather a little but other than that, nothing new in store, nothing fun. Just the same old, every day, boring life...

1 comment:

  1. hindsight is always 20/20. :( too bad we didn't realize how great we had it when we were in the middle of it.

    ReplyDelete