- Monitor sleep. Very important for health and well being, mentally and physically. Have a consistent wake-up time and go-to bedtime. Not always feasible but overall helpful. Progressive relaxation, listen to your breathing, focus on emptying your mind.
- Eat protein and fiber at every meal, including snacks. Help fill you up faster and keep you fuller longer.
- Increase overall intake of fruits and vegetables to 5-6 per day. Again with the low-calorie, fiber packed foods! You can eat a lot and not feel too bad (unless there is too much unhealthy dip going on!)
- Eat mini meals throughout the day. Keep metabolism up by eating every few hours. Eat within the first hour that you're awake and stop eating 2 hours before bedtime.
- Increase overall activity, start small and manageable, work up, do something that challenges you mentally but you enjoy or you will get bored and quit.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Philosophy of a healthy life
I know all the things to do for a healthier lifestyle but it's a matter of actually doing them... for instance, eat real food, not a lot, mostly plants --- BUT WHAT ABOUT CHOCOLATE?!?!?!