Thursday, January 5, 2012

Year in Review 2011

This reminds me of those email surveys that used to go around. I really liked those...

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? Had a baby.


2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No I didn't... more like challenging myself this year instead of resolutions.


3. Did anyone close to you have a child? Me, Tara, Joleene


4. Did anyone close to you die? No.



5. Where did you travel? Madison, WI. LaCrosse, WI... Twin Cities... boring!



6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? A job I enjoy.


7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory? October 14.



8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My little monster


9. What was your biggest failure? breastfeeding. I was so hoping to be able to



10. Did you suffer illness or injury? being knocked up felt pretty sick and injurious to me


11. What was the best thing you bought? Our fancy car and baby stuff


12. Whose behavior merited celebration? good question



13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Sebastian... the jackass of cats



14. Where did most of your money go? Baby, hospital, clinic, eating out



15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Not being pregnant any more, laying flat on my back to sleep, and sleeping on my stomach.



16. What song will always remind you of 2011? Not so much listened to music last year.



17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? a) in between. b) fatter. c) poorer



18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Being just a 2-person family



19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Working... even though I had three months off.



20. How will you be spending Christmas? Same as every other year.



21. Did you fall in love in 2011? Eventually I fell for my little monster but it took a little while.



22. What was your favorite TV program? Gilmore Girls box set


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope



24. What was the best book you read? I really enjoyed The Hunger Games



25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Did not discover any... actually did not listen to music for many months in a row.



26. What did you want and get? To go to Target Field



28. What did you want and not get? A baby who slept through the night straight from the hospital.



29. What was your favorite film of this year? I actually can't remember any movies that I saw except the muppet movie and breaking dawn part 1. Neither would be considered favorite.



30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Not on my birthday but went to Red Lobster with friends. I turned 28.



31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not feeling so damn icky for most of the year, morning sickness, all day sickness, tiredness, pain-ness, surgery, recovering, no sleeping, newborns are hard work.



32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Maternity clothes...



33. What kept you sane? Days off work.


34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Don't necessarily fancy them but the Kardashians are always there for a laugh.



35. What political issue stirred you the most? N/A



36. Who did you miss? Myself


37. Who was the best new person you met? My little monster


38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011? Patience is a virtue. I never thought I would have it but I do and it gets tested all the time... newborns are hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment