Monday, November 4, 2013

blatherings...

Its been an interesting couple of weeks around here. Not quite 2 weeks ago, I found out that my department at work is being completely eliminated as of January 5th. This means that I will not have a job starting January 6, 2014. Of course, I'll be on maternity leave at that point, so that is excellent timing. However, I was offered a severance package and I will have the option to continue with my same health benefits at my same cost for 2 months, so at least I don't have to worry about that quite as soon as other people. However, I will lose whatever sick time I had banked up, which I had planned on using for maternity leave. That sucks.

So, I'm sort of beginning to search for a new job, which is a nice push in the direction I wanted to go anyway, but the timing could definitely have been better.

Monster's new trick the last couple of weeks has been screaming bloody murder at bed and nap time. The girl does not want to sleep all of a sudden. I don't know what to do with her. She is inconsolable. and then I get frustrated and angry. This does not help my anxiety. And she'll wake up screaming in the middle of the night as well. JT never hears her but I do. So the disrupted sleep does not help either. No wonder "I'm a joy to be around lately." Hell, some times I don't want to be around me either but I can't go anywhere. Hormones and frustration and sleep deprivation do not make for a happy mix.

I don't know. It's just a stressful time around here. My coworker seems to think I'll have a baby early due to stress but I hope not too early, just early enough.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Bummer about your job! No fun!

    Sorry to hear that Monster isn't sleeping well, Aubrey's going through a rough patch sleepwise right now too! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete