Tuesday, August 13, 2013

chicken and dumplings

Being that monster has swimming lessons every night this week, I've been on the lookout for easy and fast meals to throw together. Also, thinking about this fall when JT has class at 5:30 four nights a week and then ahead to being newborn time... I was searching for freezer to crock pot meals. And I found a good one. I made this recipe the other day and I totally loved it. It was the first crock pot meal I've made in ages that has turned out good enough where I'd make it again... total victory. anyhoo...

Crock pot Chicken and Dumplings (Can be frozen)

Ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts
1/2 bag of frozen peas and carrots
2 TB butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 TB dried parsley
3 Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
Water
1 can of refrigerator biscuits

Directions: Place everything in crock pot except for biscuits. Cover contents with water and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Quarter biscuits and add to crock pot, cook for 30 more minutes or until biscuits are done. Enjoy. (Or if you're like me cook on low for 4 hours, realize potatoes are still hard, add biscuits and cook on high until we got home from swimming lessons... about 90 minutes).

See that? Easy and quick and ready for you when you get home hungry. perfect. Next I'll try to freeze it and then we'll see how it stands up.

Some changes I will make for next time, chop chicken first, use whole bag of peas/carrots, and add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. And definitely need to season all the layers with salt and pepper.

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment