Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day in the Life -- the domestic wannabe

I got to guest post over at The Domestic Wannabe on Wednesday! 

Hi. I'm Caits. I was really excited when Ashley asked for volunteers for a day in the life. How fun! My blog, theonlyonemama, is kind of random about life. I usually work 4 days a week, so here I picked a day when I'm home with my daughter, monster

6:30 My alarm goes off. I check the monitor, sometimes she's awake and sometimes she's not. Today she is not, so i snuggle back under the blankets to wake up slowly.

6:45-8 Monster gets up, we get dressed, and have breakfast (oatmeal for her, eggs for me), I spend a few minutes picking up the living room since she has PT today and they come to the house. After breakfast we play until K and E arrive.


 8-9 K and E put monster through her paces with lots of suggestions for me. She works hard!

9:15-11 We play, make supper in the crock pot, get a meal plan together, make a grocery list, have a snack, and watch TV. I usually don't have the TV on during the day but monster and I both have colds, so we're taking it easy today.





11-1:30 Make lunch, feed monster, MIL arrives to watch monster and I leave for lunch with a couple of girlfriends. My last girlfriend is getting married next week (in Jamaica) so we have lunch because I can't go to the ceremony. I eat really good pizza and homemade ranch dressing and draw a turtle.


1:30-3:15 Back home, monster and I take a nap. I didn't mean to fall asleep but obviously I need it because I sleep until JT comes home from work and finds me in bed.



3:15-5:15 Monster plays with her daddy, plays by herself, and we eat supper. JT leaves for class.

5:30-6:30 Monster has had enough for today and cries like crazy so, I give her a bath to calm her down and get her ready for bed. She fights it for awhile but then falls asleep.

6:30-8:30 I clean up around the house a bit and relax with my book until I give up and get ready for bed. I down some NyQuil and rub on some Vicks. Here's hoping I feel better tomorrow! Good night.




And Ashley's questions...
What is the most surprising thing to you about being a mom? To me, it's how hard it really is. I mean, I knew it would be hard but I figured I'd get the hang of it. Since monster has developmental delays and trouble with coordination, it's 10 times harder than i ever expected.

What advice would you give to new or soon-to-be mamas? Take everyone's advice and filter it to your own situation. What works for some, doesn't work for others. Don't worry if your baby doesn't fit the mold that the book babies do... all babies do things in their own time, even if you want them to do something different. :-)

What are your top 3 baby products? Lets see... The Sleep Sheep, the infant carrier car seat, and the bathtub sponge.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete