Tuesday, June 5, 2012

butter baby food

Monster had a checkup today. She is a tiny, tiny girl. 3rd percentile for height and weight. The doctor suggested that we put a spoonful of butter into her baby food jar and then give it to her. Sounds really weird to me. I looked at him like he was nuts. In my head i was thinking, are you sure? I mean, i know you're the doctor and all, but really? butter? really? or margarine or cheese for that matter... Still shaking my head over this one. I've read over and over not to give babies the extras, like butter or salt. Now he's telling me that I should. Ugh. Conflict. Why can't they (any by they i mean the universal they) pick one way to go and agree on it?

Has anyone else had experience with this? Monster needs to bulk up (lol like a weightlifter). I am going to research how to give my baby extra calories. The butter thing just seems a little odd to me. Any suggestions out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment