In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I made Bubble Up Enchiladas. I found this recipe through the Duchess of Fork originally, but i also found it on EmilyBites. This is a weight watchers recipe and can be tweaked however you like. I've even made it as bubble up pizza. :)
Recipe adapted from EmilyBites.
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits, cut into quarters
1-2 cups low fat cheddar or Mexican blend shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Brown ground turkey in large skillet.
3. Add 3/4 cup water and taco seasoning, stir well and simmer for a few minutes.
4. Add black beans and enchilada sauce. Stir to combine.
5. Mix in 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
7. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 25-35 minutes, (depending on how many biscuits you add. I added less biscuits and needed a little extra baking time)
9. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
10. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.