Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baby food... what!?!


I just bought my first box of baby food...rice cereal. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that.

I don't know that monster is ready for solids yet but her doctor said we should start because she weighs so little. He wants her to put on a few... don't hear that much after you're 10 years old. :-)

I guess we'll just try a little bit and see how she likes it. Maybe even tonight. More likely not though.


I had done some research about starting baby food and the AAP recommends starting solids between 4 and 6 months. Well, she's 4 1/2 months old now... I had planned on waiting until closer to 6 months... and then starting without rice cereal, just going straight to sweet potatoes (for some reason I want her first food to be sweet potatoes, don't know why... probably the same reason I wanted Chipotle everyday while I was pregnant with her...). I also wanted to make my own baby food. I still do. I'm just not sure if it will happen. It wouldn't be too hard I don't think. We'll see what happens, maybe try this rice cereal now or maybe wait a few more weeks. I'm not sure yet. At least I'm prepared a little bit. and I do have plates/bowls/silverware for her also.

No comments:

Post a Comment