Friday, January 13, 2012

Is this for real?

Thinking about my little monster is really surreal. I look at her sometimes and don't know where she came from. It's hard to believe that she was inside me for nine long months. She's always going to be there now, better or worse. I'm no longer able to pick up and go without thinking of another being. It's weird. I sometimes think "I can't wait to get back to normal," and then I realize this is the new normal. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that...

Being a mom is hard mostly because of the lack of sleep. I don't feel much different than I did before when I stop to think about it. I was super scared that I was going to get lost in being a mom, not getting to be anything but a mom. Who knows? Maybe that will still happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment