Monday, January 30, 2012

food

It seems like every blog that I read, all of the women are super good cooks who love it and can take practically nothing and make it great... I have yet to figure that one out.

I have been meal planning for the past 3 weeks and it seems to be working pretty well, except for the occasional days (Thursday most specifically) where I do not feel like cooking. That is the night when we have frozen pizza, if I've remembered to add it to my list. I'm not sure if this is saving us any money though because it seems like up to $100 a week, for just the two of us, at the grocery store. It probably is saving us from eating out though. We've made a deal not to eat out until Valentine's Day. Think we can stick to it?

This week is going to be an interesting one because getting JT's help with the menu added tacos to the super nachos I had already listed. Oh well. I forgot to get the chips from the store anyway. Whats the point of a list if I can't stick to it?
I don't have my meals listed for certain days because I never know how tired I am going to be when the evening rolls around, but here is my list for this week.

Chili
tacos
Super nachos
Juicy Lucy burgers
Chicken and Rice
Maple chicken
Pizza

I think we'll probably have the nachos on Sunday for the super bowl, and the burgers on Saturday night but the rest of the week is pretty much up in the air. I am looking forward to some juicy lucys though... my brother made the best for Christmas eve... hoping to duplicate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment