Thursday, December 20, 2012

low back pain... what a pain

So I've been dealing with some low back pain for a while now. Like seriously burning/stabbing pain that lasts for hours and doesn't easily go away. I went to the doctor for some osteopathic manipulation (think chiropractor but with muscle energy). What did she tell me? That I was fat and out of shape with no core strength and this would be a chronic problem if I didn't do something ASAP. Well actually, the word was obese and I did not enjoy hearing that one.

My advice to those mamas out there... lose that baby weight as soon as you are able and keep your core strengthened... do pilates, stretching, and yoga along with all that cardio/weight training work.

PSA over.

Back to my sedentary lifestyle of staring at a computer screen for hours on end. :-) Maybe 2013 will be the year that the weight/get in shape resolution actually sticks?

1 comment:

  1. couch to 5k!!! i will run a 5k with you after i move back to the area!

    ReplyDelete