Tuesday, May 29, 2012

what am i waiting for?

I remember a few years ago a friend and I were discussing life and how it seems like we live as though always waiting for the next thing to happen. 

In elementary school it was waiting for summer, in summer it was waiting for the school year. In high school it was waiting for college. In college it was waiting for the real world. In the real world it was waiting for my dream job, my wedding, my honeymoon, my first house, my baby, my next house... where does it end?

I feel as though I keep waiting for my life to start, the life I think I am going to live. I feel like one day the life in my head, where i have a set schedule and things get done, where i cook and clean and work and everything is perfect, one day this life will happen. But, when I think more about it, I don't think it will happen like that. I keep thinking that once I find a job I really like or once we move to a house that I really like...

but, in reality, i need to start living life like i want it to be now and stop waiting for the next thing to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment