Sunday, May 13, 2012

I was reading about mothers day on a blog this morning and it made me start to think, really think, about what it is to be a mom. A parent really. There is so much more to it than one would ever realize until they are a parent and sometimes not even then. Just think about it... All those years of giving and sacrificing for your child and they don't even realize or recognize what's being done for them.

I've always tried to remember my mom on mothers day and to thank her but how can I truly say thanks for all those things I can't remember/recognize/realize she did/still does?

For me, being a mom is difficult. Having the sleepless nights, crabby days, no alone time, disconnect with husband, trying to understand a kid who can't tell you what it is they want or why theyre upset. And never saying thank you...

But Monster thanks me in her own ways. With her big toothless grin, her hilarious laugh, the funny faces she makes, and the cuddles she gives me. It makes it seem worth it.

I think about myself growing up, being the last baby, the only girl and how much work it must have been to have me and my 3 brothers in the house. Ugh. Then I think about what a horrible preteen/teenager that I was and just shudder to think of all the things I put my parents through all the while having my brothers as well...

Thanks mom for the last 10,669 days. Oh and sorry for all those years when I should have been sent to military school. Happy mothers day.

And happy mother's day to all those moms out there, whether they are old-hand-moms, brand-new-moms, soon-to-be-moms, or just waiting-to-be-moms. Enjoy your day! And don't forget to remember your mom too.

No comments:

Post a Comment